FILAIRCO PROJECT :
NEW FIBRE TEXTILES FOR THE AIR FILTRATION MARKET
The aim of the FILAIRCO project was to develop new ultra-fine fibres, with a diameter of less than a micron, thanks to the possibilities offered by the two-component extrusion-spinning process.
These fibres are intended for the development of new nonwoven media for air filtration.
CETI EXPERTISES :
- Prototyping of durable liquid filters (performance and service life) on its pilot lines of nonwoven melt-way by the two-component Meltblown process.
- Criteria for the selection of polymer couples to be combined in two-component extrusion-spinning (physical and rheological properties).
- Development of two-component fibres allowing access to utlrafine fibres (extrusion-spinning process).
- Development and prototyping of nonwovens carded from these two-component fibres.
- Development of two-component spunbond nonwovens and meltblown nonwovens with ultra-fine filaments.
CETI ; Sperian Protection Armor ; Mecacorp ; Mortelecque ;
Laboratoire Réactions et Génie des Procédés (LRGP) ; Pylote SAS ; Robert Blondel Cosmétiques ; Carpentier & Preux ; Libeltex NTI ; Ensait ; Arkema France
This project received financial support from the French government through the FUI call for projects (14th call).