A new life for outdoor acrylic fibre wastes
The objective of the project is to develop a method for removing undesirable substances (fluorocarbons, melamine, acrylic resin or anti-mold agents) from acrylic tissue waste. The aim is to improve the recycling and durability of acrylic fibres while reducing environmental and health risks.
- Remove substances whose presence could affect the quality of the recovery raw materials and prevent their recycling,
- Safe use or disposal of the substances thus disposed of,
- Reuse acrylic textiles as raw materials for other production cycles, alone or by combining them with virgin fibres,
- Reduce by at least 30% the quantity of acrylic textiles landfilled and incinerated for the outdoor sector (awnings and furniture),
- Produce recommendations [EC2] on the design and manufacture of materials for recyclability and standardization, applicable to other products and applications.
CETI ; CENTROCOT ; Université de Gent ; Para Spa ; Soft Chemicals SRL ; Jak Spinning KFT ; Martel GMBH