A new life for outdoor acrylic fibre wastes
Within the REACT project, CETI is in charge of optimising the mechanical recycling process. Our teams are working on improving the length of the fibre during the fraying process. Thanks to our spinning line, we have also initiated tests to increase the proportion of recycled fibres in the yarn.
The objective of the project is to develop a method for removing undesirable substances (fluorocarbons, melamine, acrylic resin or anti-mold agents) from acrylic tissue waste. The aim is to improve the recycling and durability of acrylic fibres while reducing environmental and health risks.
- Remove substances whose presence could affect the quality of the recovery raw materials and prevent their recycling,
- Safe use or disposal of the substances thus disposed of,
- Reuse acrylic textiles as raw materials for other production cycles, alone or by combining them with virgin fibres,
- Reduce by at least 30% the quantity of acrylic textiles landfilled and incinerated for the outdoor sector (awnings and furniture),
- Produce recommendations [EC2] on the design and manufacture of materials for recyclability and standardization, applicable to other products and applications.
CETI ; CENTROCOT ; Université de Gent ; Para Spa ; Soft Chemicals SRL ; Jak Spinning KFT ; Martel GMBH
Up to date informations